Search This Blog

Sunday, January 31, 2010

I don't have TIME to forget!

The thing with 5 kids (especially 5 kids, 6 and under) is that you are BUSY!!!  My time just FLIES by each and every day. It's like I blinked my eyes, and now I am 18+ weeks...and most of the day, I forget that I am even pregnant.  How can you forget such a thing??  Well its easy to do when you are as busy as we are....even when I try to think about it for a moment, life takes over and I am pulled in some other direction quickly.  So much different then when I was pregnant with my first...even with my second.  Life was so SLOW and I had all the time in the world to sit and ponder the miracle of it all.  I would stare at pics of my deleloping baby each week...I could tell you how big baby was, and all the little details of that week and I knew how pregnant I was each and every day.  Now, I am lucky to remember that I am 18+ weeks today...some days, I actually have to go online and look at my ticker to remember exactly what I am! 

Its kind of sad that my last pregnancy is just speeding by me so fast.  I want to sit and enjoy every minute of it, but I have 5 other kids that steal all my minutes!  And with the neverending pregnancy exhaustion, by the time they all go to bed, my "me time" consists of sleeping.  And then I wake up and another day has started!  I just want time to SLOW DOWN for my last pregnancy.  I am going to miss this like crazy once its all over-especially since this is the end of the "growing babies" chapter of our life.  I feel like I am going to blink my eyes one more time and then baby will be here...it will be all over.  I am not ready!

It's all a miracle and I feel so lucky to have been able to grow 6 human beings...and then one by one (or two by two ;) ) bring them into this world and love them, kiss them, feed them, teach them.  Its just amazing and I wish this chapter of my life could be never-ending.  It wasn't until my children were born that I saw the true beauty of the world and the gift that each and every life brings to this world.  In raising and teaching my children, I SEE what the true meaning of life is all about.  I have felt God right by my side this entire journey.  Yes, its amazing to grow babies.  And to raise my babies.  And to teach my babies. 

One day, when they are all grown up, I am going to miss this all so much.  So as hard as it is to find time, and as busy as I am, I NEED to make time to remember this pregnancy and the miracle of it all. I NEED to make time to remember and appreciate the blessings that my children bring into our lives. I NEED to make time to remember to cherish these moments I get to raise and teach my babies.  And more importantly, I NEED to make time to remember God's reassuring presence with us, at all times, every step of our journey.  As busy as our life may be, I just don't have time to forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment