Search This Blog

Monday, April 4, 2011

Have a HUGE incisional hernia.....

Found that out last week.  I had always thought that ugly, hard lump that looked like an alion sticking out of my stomach was some weird healing of scar tissue.  Well it appears its actually my organs on the inside trying to come out.  I was referred to a surgeon, but have yet to hear anything at all.  Doug ran into my visiting nurse while bringing the twins to speech, and she said I would have to have it taken care of.  Of course, the first thing I think about is infection when thinking of another surgery.  My body obviously HATES any kinds of surgeries, and just overcompensates with the wound fluid to the injury.  Gosh, I really don't want to start THAT all over again.  I kinda like having a closed stomach, thankyouverymuch.  I want to talk about my options with the surgeon (if they ever contact me).  I was told that most of the time they can do this laparoscopally.  How likely is that in my case??  This thing is the size of a grapefruit.  *shrug*  Guess I will find out eventually.  But can I say that I am the *tiniest* bit excited that I am not going to have this lump sticking out of my stomach for my whole life.  This body isn't forever.  I know and value that.  And truthfully my stomach reminds me daily of my faith journey and the greater good it has brought.  But the weird bump sticking out that feels like this freaky hard water balloon ...yeah I think I could live without that if they tell me it needs to be fixed.  Do I feel like taking the chance of infection and such for it??? EHHHHHHHH.  Not sure of an answer for that one.  But if it can be done laparscopally....well that seems a little less infection likely.  And no, thats NOT a challenge for my body....to manifest yet another weird, against the odds infection.  Time (and a surgeon) will tell with what we plan to do with this lovely incisional hernia...for now we wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment