Search This Blog

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Still peeking in...

Still don't have internet or any kind of cable at all at my house, and its actually kind of nice in a way (although I feel SOOOOOO behind on all my facebook friends and whats up on them, since I only check every 4 days or so).  I have had more time for crafting, reading and watching Netflix episodes of Nip/Tuck (my new favorite series). And it gives me lots of time to take in all the joys around me, and to reflect on what a treasure this last year has been to my heart.  It has been most difficult, but most certainly the year where I learned more then I had the last 29 years before.  I feel so lucky to see everything in my life with fresh eyes.  No matter how little money we may have at times, what little material things we possess, our house is bursting with love and loud and craziness and joy and quite a bit of mischief.  And I like it that way.  I couldn't think of any way to make it any better.  Actually thats a bit of a fib.  We are actually working on restructuring our budget so that we can give more money to worthy ministries around us.  We have what we truly need, and what is most important to me now is to share some of the excess we have with others, so that they can find a similar simple joy in life.  It's a hard journey though, going from living a life of consumerism (I am a seasoned shopper!)   Baby steps.....yep baby steps.

1 comment:

  1. I miss seeing you online on a regular basis for sure, but glad it is all working together for good (Romans 8:28). Hugs to all of you!

    ReplyDelete